BACKGROUND

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Good Morning Sunshine

Hmmm...I may be in danger of becoming a morning person. I never, ever, ever thought this would be the case. I still do my best work at night so I suppose I'm still a night person by definition, but since I started working, I gave myself a big kick in the ass and made myself get it together. I now get up every single work day and get to the gym by 6:30 a.m. I work out for an hour before I start a full work day, which lasts anywhere from 8:30 - 7 p.m. So far I haven't had to stay later than 7. I now get to bed by 10:30 p.m. at the latest and I repeat it all the next day.

I cannot explain how great I feel to take my seat in my office at 8:30 a.m. knowing that I've already worked out. For one thing, there's no "workout guilt." I've done it so I don't need to worry about it. For another thing, it loosens me up and makes me feel strong. That's a good way to start the work day especially when you have a job where you are constantly learning something new every day. Starting every day strong in that situation is priceless.

No comments: