BACKGROUND

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rest in Peace...no, not the permanent kind

Last night I lit a candle, turned off all the lights and sat on the couch listening to the thunder and rain come down outside. I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time. It seems like I'm always on the go and I never get to just sit and be. Last night, I got the chance to really slow down and it helped a lot. I slept better last night than I have in a VERY long time. I listened to the rain storm outside and forced my mind to stop thinking through all the things I need to do, to say, to accomplish.

Everyone needs to do that once in awhile. Remove the distractions and just let yourself be. Stop your mind from thinking through all the problems, the pain, the joys of life, and just let it rest. Your mind and heart need rest as much as your body does. Try it sometime.

No comments: