BACKGROUND

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hanging out with Charles Dickens


Every year in December, Dickens on the Strand takes place in Galveston, which is about 70 miles from where I live. It's a big weekend festival with characters dressed up in Dickens'-era costumes. There are events, food, and vendors on the Strand, a lovely old street in Galveston.

Ever since I moved here in 2002, I kept telling myself I was going to go to it. Well this year, I'm finally doing it!

My husband and I will be heading down there Friday night to meet up with some friends. We'll attend the Handbell Concert, grab something to eat and go back to our hotel for the evening. The next morning we'll hit the shops on the Strand and walk on the beach.

I'm really looking forward to going. It's always nice to break out of the everyday routine AND do something I've told myself I was going to do for years.

No comments: