BACKGROUND

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Huh?

So by now we've all heard about Michael Richards' (of Seinfeld fame) racist tirade at his recent Laugh Factory appearance. If you haven't seen it, you can view it by clicking here. I warn you it's difficult to watch.

He apologized three days later on The Late Show with David Letterman.

I have to wonder...what makes people act like this? In this day and age, it's just astounding to see such vile language and racism displayed. Sadly, this is nothing new to me as I am surrounded by racists in my daily life. It's extremely depressing to me to hear someone utter the "n" word as if it's acceptable in normal conversation or anywhere for that matter.

What racist people don't understand is that they look SO very ignorant when they judge people by their skin color or where they come from. There are jerks of every race, creed, and color out there and there are wonderful people of every race, creed, and color. It's so very sad that some people just don't get that.

2 comments:

WebByte said...

This is how wars start.

Also, this guy is getting a lot of free publicity. I bet that is why he did this.

Oh well, others cannot always be controlled maybe we should settle on controlling ourselves.

Dauphyfan said...

I saw his apology on Letterman and was a little taken aback by his demeanor. He was clearly shaken by his own actions and I think on some level this guy is regretting what happened...whether it is because he revealed his own deep-seeded racism and is now a pariah or because he really feels badly and wants to fix it...remains to be seen. Regardless of the reasons for his rage, the outright bigotry was scary to see. At least Mel Gibson was drunk when he spewed his comments, what is Michael Richards' excuse? Bad karma there.