BACKGROUND

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Lost...and FOUND!

I use my rewards credit card to pay the majority of my monthly expenditures and then I pay it off in full at the end of the month. This way, I get the rewards points from the card, but I don't carry a balance so I incur no interest.



Well...Friday night, I went to dinner with co-workers then I bought gas on the way home. I went grocery shopping and when I went to pull out my card to pay the bill, the card was gone!! YIKES!! I am SO careful with my credit cards so this was a big problem. I tore through my car, the clothes I was wearing and my house, but no card. I reported it lost around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.

Here it is Tuesday and my doorbell just rang. Standing there was a little boy and his mom. The little boy was maybe 9 years old. He was holding my credit card!

The little boy had found it on my driveway on Saturday morning. He had been afraid to give it to his mom because he thought she'd be mad at him. Well, he finally gave it to her and they brought it by tonight. I told him I would like to give him something for his honesty (doesn't hurt to encourage people to do the right thing).

So, I'm going to give him $10 cash and also maybe some cookies? If you have any other ideas, post a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

Elle said...

Oh I am so glad he found it! I think that's a lovely idea to give him some cash and cookies.. He'll love it - and he'll remember it too.. :)

Dauphyfan said...

Lucky duck! Your gesture sounds right on the money...no pun intended...:)