BACKGROUND

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby



Most people have the mistaken belief that Houston is always warm and sunny. Not so my friends, not so. Tonight, we are preparing for a arctic blast that is supposed to cause freezing rain and sleet tomorrow.

Houston has a strange weather system. In the summer it is humid, hot, and rainy. The fall hits around late November, early December, and then winter shows up in early January. Spring comes around March/April and summer weather hits in May. So...we have seasons, we just don't know when to expect them really.



In any case, I'm all bundled up and ready for the big freeze. I've got my comfy sweats, my comfy sweatshirt and my hot chocolate. Can't ask for more than that.

1 comment:

The Curmudgeon said...

Thanks for linking me... I mentioned you in a post Saturday. Hope you don't mind.

As for seasons, it's just a myth that in Chicago we have only Winter and Construction seasons. We have all four traditional seasons. Just not consecutively. Or evenly. Spring usually lasts about a day. Maybe an afternoon. Sometimes two or three days, but seldom consecutive ones.

Glad you folks in Texas are getting the freezing rain. Much as I don't care for snow, I'll gladly take that in preference to freezing rain.