BACKGROUND

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Quiet Time

I've gotten about four hours of sleep. I went to bed at 2 a.m. last night (or would that be more appropriately called "this morning"?) and I got up at about 6:40 a.m. after tossing and turning for about 30 minutes. Do not ask why. I don't know. I'm really trying to get back to a better sleep/wake schedule. Tonight, I will be in bed by 11 p.m. I would go to bed earlier than that, but I have Bible Study tonight so I won't be home until 9 or so.

The upside to not being able to sleep is that I can have some quiet time this morning. I lit some candles and I am now sitting at my laptop composing this post and listening to the blessed silence. Life has been SO busy for me lately and I am feeling the strain of it so this is a much-needed breather.

On another note entirely, this last weekend Dear Husband (DH) and I went to visit my dad in San Antonio. Actually, my dad lives just outside San Antonio in a town called Castroville, but no one ever knows where that is, so it's better to just say San Antonio. DH was feeling a bit under the weather on Friday when we drove to SA. He had a scratchy throat and was tired. On Saturday, he slept until 3 p.m.! When he got up, he was REALLY feeling the ick.

He stayed home from work yesterday and slept until 5 p.m. and he will probably be home today as well. Poor baby:( I have been doing my wifely duty (no, not THAT one...get your mind out of the gutter) and feeding him soup and Sprite. I hope he feels better soon.


Anyway, while we were in San Antonio, we saw a play. Agatha Christie's Mousetrap was performed at the Harlequin Dinner Theatre on the base of Fort Sam Houston. We'd been to see a play there before with my dad. It's always a great experience. The acting is good, the food is good, and the price is great! If you're ever in SA, it's something to put on your list of things to do.

It's time to get ready for the gym now. But don't worry...I'll be back [insert Arnold Schwarzenegger voice here].

No comments: