BACKGROUND

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Two Steps Forward...Don't Look Back!


Yesterday, I did something I've never done before. I quit my job with no notice and without having another one to go to. I'd been working at a small law firm practicing family law. For many reasons, the situation just wasn't working out. Something happened yesterday that made me realize it was time to move on, that staying was going to close more doors than it would open.


I feel absolutely liberated! It was the best possible decision I could have made. Even so, with every door we close there comes a mix of emotions. I will miss the clients I was working with and my co-workers whom I have grown accustomed to seeing each day. However, there are so many more positives than negatives to leaving.

One thing that has helped me traverse this new path is the support of my friends and family. I talked for almost three hours last night to my best friend Britt who gave me some very wise advice, as she always does. She said "Don't look back, you're on to a new adventure." That is so very true! We do have a tendency in this life to look at the closed door instead of seeing the open ones ahead. My parents are also fully supportive of my decision telling me they know I'm doing the absolute right thing.

My husband has been wonderful too. He encouraged me to do what I felt I needed to do with this situation. He's amazingly supportive of me and that means the world.

There can be no more fitting end to this blog than one of my favorite quotes: Jump and the net will appear.

4 comments:

Dr. A said...

Wow! That had to be a tough decision. Good luck as you start your liberated life.

Thanks so much for linking to my blog. I really appreciate it!

Dauphyfan said...

The net WILL appear because you have faith and you work hard. That is enough...:)

gazza said...

Go for it. Certainly for someone with a law degree, there are more fish in the sea. (And frogs on the lilypads.) Something else is bound to appear!

Rose DesRochers said...

That takes a lot of guts. I wish you the best life has to offer.

Rose
http://rosedesrochers.com