BACKGROUND

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Body Mutiny Continues...


Until about 3 p.m., the body mutiny continued. I stopped throwing up at 9:30 a.m., which I was grateful for because by that time, I was tossing up the water I had drank to keep myself from being dehydrated. I ate a banana, which I kept down. Unfortunately...the [ahem] "other" end continued to try to rid my body of whatever was getting on its nerves. Finally, at 3:00 p.m., I took a blanket and two pillows into our guest bathroom and laid on the floor. I really needed to sleep, but I had to get up every few minutes to use the throne so it just made sense to sleep as near as I could get to it.

As it turned out, I was able to sleep for a couple of hours on the bathroom floor and that was SO helpful. I got up and I was weak and feeling UGH, but I wasn't having to run to the bathroom every few minutes. I'm now drinking some peppermint tea and eating some crackers. I need something on my stomach as I do feel a bit hungry, but I cannot even start to think about "real" food.

I'm going to bed around 8 p.m. tonight. I'm SO tired and I think I'll feel tons better in the morning if I get some real sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

I'll tell you how my doctor told me to treat our kids whenever they get a terrible bug like you've got...drink only small amounts every 10-20 minutes. A small amount=a sip. If your body can keep it down, then you will begin to hydrate yourself again. As for food, don't even attempt to eat it until you've been able to keep the water down for at least 4 hours. Food should be kept to the easy stuff like bananas, applesauce, crackers, or toast. I hope you are feeling better today...:)