BACKGROUND

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A little of this, a little of that



Lately, I have no motivation. None. Nada. Zero. Did I mention none? I don't know why. Maybe it's because life has been crazy since I quit my job January 5th. That date is a glorious day in history for me and will remain so the rest of my life. It's the day I escaped the Asylum with (most of) my sanity intact.

Anyway, I have so much to do and it seems the day gets away from me before I accomplish much of anything. I haven't kept up with friends as I should be doing (sorry guys, I promise I love you and appreciate you all) and I just feel so tired and unmotivated to do much of anything on my ever growing "to do" list. So tomorrow I am making it a priority to prioritize...hmmm...since I used the word priority in two different forms in that sentence, that means I must be serious about it. Right?

In other news, today is Valentine's Day and Dear Husband and I had a nice evening together. For the first time in a long time, he was home before 6 p.m. so I made a nice dinner of roast beef and mashed potatoes. We followed that up with a trip to Cold Stone Creamery, which is a wonderful ice cream place down the street from our house. Love it, love it! I don't go there very often as it really is decadent and quite expensive, but Dear Husband and I both had coupons for free ice cream this time. WOO-HOO!


Of course, I cannot blog on Valentine's Day without mentioning my early Valentine's present, which was my puppy Peanut. She's running me ragged. She's still a young puppy, which means housebreaking her is a challenge. She doesn't quite have the control of her elimination muscles (so to speak) that she will have when she's older. Thankfully, I have the crate to help out and except for the first two days she was here, all her accidents have been in the crate or on the kitchen floor. This is good because both are easy to clean. Sorta. The crate has a towel on the bottom of it for her to lay on and since she's peed on her towel every single day, I've done several loads of towels in the last three days. I'm tired of washing towels, but I do love her so much so I roll with it.

And lastly, Dear Husband could not let a Valentine's Day go by without giving me a frog. This one was too cute and I love it so I had to share.

Oh, one more thing...I WILL GET AT LEAST THREE THINGS OFF MY TO-DO LIST TOMORROW! You heard it here. I'll report back tomorrow night with my progress.

1 comment:

East of Oregon said...

happy late Valentine's Day!