BACKGROUND

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Breathe...and Relax


Last night, I drew myself a hot bubble bath, lit a candle, and I sat in there for at least 30 minutes reading a magazine. After I got out, I realized that it was the first time in at least a month that I have felt so relaxed.

I've been going, going, going so much, taking care of things at home and in the outside world that I haven't really stopped to slow down and take a deep breath. I've decided that I'm going to do the hot bubble bath thing again tonight. I'm also going to take more time to just be. I didn't realize how much I really need that right now.

Funny how when you aren't working full-time and you have no kids, people think you sit at home watching soap operas all day. So not the case! I'm busy from the moment I get up to when I turn the lights out to go to bed. It doesn't help that I'm getting over the last of that mild flu I had. I feel MUCH better, but am still coughing a bit and feeling a bit tired. I'm getting back into the gym today though for the first time in over a week. I'm going to take it easy while I'm there, but I need to go in so I can feel like I'm getting my life back on schedule.


My advice to everyone: no matter what you have going on, take some time to breathe and relax. Take a hot bubble bath, walk the neighborhood by yourself, find 15 minutes in the day to stop by a coffee shop, get your favorite drink, and relax. It will do you a world of good and you won't realize how much you've needed it until after you've done it.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

So true! I can't shake this Bronchitis and whenever I take time to draw a bath, I feel 10x better. Shutting tha bathroom door keeps the outside world at bay. The body gets that much-deserved break and it's that vital "me" time that we all need. Let Calgon take you away!

The Curmudgeon said...

Nothing constructive to add -- just stopping by and catching up. (Although I agree with the guy on the shrink's couch....)