BACKGROUND

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Getting Around to It

It just sits there. Staring at me. A constant reminder of what I haven't done. Today, I did it: I cleaned my Rock Garden Relaxation Fountain. A small accomplishment? Yes. A big weight off my mind? Yes, again. I received it as a gift for our wedding and I absolutely love it. It's very soothing and calming. BUT...it has to be cleaned every now and again and in the almost two years I've had it, I've cleaned it...hmmm...let's see...oh yeah, never.

I took it all apart this morning and it definitely needed some serious TLC. I soaked it in a water/vinegar mixture and cleaned all the parts. It's as good as new now. I highly recommend purchasing one of these as they really do help with stress.

In other news, last night I was looking through job sites and I came upon one job that was really gross, sad, depressing...did I mention gross? The job was placing ads on websites and in chat rooms for an "Adult" (read X-rated) webcam site. Basically being the ad rep to get people interested in buying the material on the webcam site. Ewwwwwwwwwwww...obviously I skipped right over that one. Amazing what jobs people will post and what jobs people will take. I'm not that desperate and never will be.

2 comments:

gazza said...

Keep positive Lawfrog! You'll find something. Hopefully something that doesn't involve personal ads. (Hey, did you get that b'day CD I sent? Like it? If not, just say, and I'll cease & desist buying music for you. :-) It's always a bit dodgy buying music for someone whose musical tastes you really don't know... OK, I was at your wedding, but I don't think the music played at a wedding reception necessarily represents the couple's tastes...)

Dauphyfan said...

Glad to hear you know to actually clean that rock garden...I've never cleaned mine, but I also haven't used in recent years for lack of a place to put in our cluttered enclave. Anyhow, glad you are enjoying your giffie...someone has good taste *wink wink*