BACKGROUND

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Ah, a lazy Sunday at last. My friend was released from the hospital on Friday. She is at my house recuperating from the pneumonia because her house is not conducive to healing for a variety of reasons, one of which is that the kid who lives there (not my friend's kid) has severe strep throat.

My friend slept about 15 hours the first night she was here. Literally. She wasn't able to sleep for the entire five days in the hospital because they kept coming in to take her vitals, change IVs, give a breathing treatment, etc. So she was SUPER tired when she got out. She said she felt a lot better when she got up the next day. The doctor told her it would take at least two weeks for her to fully recover.

The big lesson my friend got from this experience was that she needs to take care of herself. She is the type who will run herself ragged because she feels like she "has" to do things like go to work when she is really ill or take care of everyone else. It's been a hard lesson for her to learn that it's ok to stop, to sleep, to let someone else take care of things for a little while.

In other news, I didn't have anywhere near the "ick" that my friend had. I just had a mild flu, which I am healing from. Still feeling tired and a bit out of sorts, but much better than I was. Today's plan includes lots of rest, organizing my dining room bookcase, and dinner with Dear Husband at Olive Garden. I live a very exciting life...later on, I plan to fold laundry. The fun never stops:)

2 comments:

East of Oregon said...

hope your friend recovers quickly and you are such a good friend to help her! be well!

Dauphyfan said...

I second that notion (by East of Oregon). And by the way, hurry up and get here...:) I miss you.