BACKGROUND

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Long Week's Journey into Sickness


What a week. I think it's Wednesday, but I'm not even sure of what day it is anymore. The week started with my friend being admitted to the hospital on Monday for pneumonia after she called me panicked and unable to breathe. I called 911 and sat in the ER for most of the night with her until they admitted her. She may be released tomorrow, but we won't know until the doctor runs some more tests to check her breathing capacity.

In the meantime, I have been sick as well. I have a mild flu that is causing me to feel blah. I haven't slept well in the past week because of coughing and sore throat. I am feeling a tad better today after staying home all day and resting. I still did some chores around the house (can't help it, I have to do laundry and load the dishwasher), but nothing too major. I suspect the germs will have moved out by Sunday.

Tomorrow, I'll go up to the hospital to see my friend and find out what's going on with her. Then, I plan to head back home and sit around like a bump on a log reading the many magazines I have let build up in the last few weeks. Right now though, it's off to a bubble bath, Nyquil, and bed.

No comments: