BACKGROUND

Thursday, April 5, 2007

In the Still of the Night

I recently took a job working overnights two days a week. I work Sunday/Monday from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. I'm a natural night owl, but I've done this three times now and it's killing me. It takes
two days to recover from it. I come home Monday at about 6:30 a.m. and I eat something then sleep anywhere from 2 to 5 hours. I get up (not of my own volition, my body just decides to do so) and do a few more things then I take an afternoon nap that lasts a couple of hours. After that, I get up and eat dinner, play around on the computer and I'm up until 3 or 4 a.m. or I go to bed around 11 p.m., but either way I'm still tired the next day.


So, I'm quitting this job. It's something I actually like, but I simply cannot take the schedule and I fear if I keep this up for long, my entire life will be lopsided in that days will feel like nights and vice-versa.


In other news, I have been trying to answer my e-mail FOREVER. I have messages sitting there that are two months old now. I just don't ever seem to sit down and do it. I am determined to get it finished by Sunday. I want to clear my inbox so I can at least feel somewhat productive.

3 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

You have to do what's right for your body. Graveyard is not for everyone. They do say that the switching back and forth can also shorten your lifespan. Needless to say, I'm glad I finally got out too. We need our beauty sleep...:)

Shelby said...

ohhhhhhhhh - sleep my friend sleep..

I'll check in again - rest rest rest.

Shelby said...

hope your Monday was swell.

I did my oral argument today - I SURVIVED! !!!! Life is once again, grand. Now if I just pass.

:)