BACKGROUND

Monday, April 16, 2007

Leave me alone

So I'm having one of those days where I've realized that if one more person asks me to do something, help them with something or answer a question for them, I will fly into a homicidal rage.

I feel like every time I turn around, someone else wants something. Even the simplest requests are causing flames to shoot out of the top of my head and smoke to pour out my ears. I need one day, just ONE, where no one bugs me for anything. Where I can sit in bed all day and sleep or read magazines or do both while drinking hot tea. Ahhhhh...it's a beautiful thought.

There is not one day this week when I will be able to do that. BUT...tomorrow, I am sleeping in and I'm looking forward to that. I'm not sure what my problem is this week, but I've just lost my patience and to be honest, I'm not so certain that I'm interested in finding it. I'm getting irritable and hostile, which means I need some serious alone time to recharge my batteries. MUST. GET. ALONE. TIME.

I'm off to drink my tea, which is labeled "Calm." I may follow that up with the tea labeled "Zen." God knows I could use both right now.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my, I feel your pain. Drink some tea, take a hot bath and eventually, things will get calmer. Oh, and I need some of that tea, also. ;)

Dauphyfan said...

I want something from you. I want you to RELAX and GO FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE...:) In the words of Nancy Reagan..."just say no!" to extra requests for favors. Love ya!

The Curmudgeon said...

So this would be the wrong time to ask you for....

(*ducking)