BACKGROUND

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So I'm definitely going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off today. I have about 100 things to do before I leave tomorrow for Oregon. I am going to see my best friend graduate with her master's degree in teaching. I am so excited to see her and to share this special moment in her life. She has worked VERY hard for this degree and I am so, so, so proud of her! I haven't seen her in almost two years so it will be doubly special to get to hang out with her AND see her graduate.

Tomorrow, I have to do laundry because I have heard it's helpful to have socks and underwear when you're going on a trip. Sounds reasonable to me. I'm also finishing up a couple of projects underway here at home and I'm going shopping for a couple of things I need for the trip. I'm also hoping to fit a trip to the gym in there somewhere, but I am not holding my breath on that. I've gone Monday and Tuesday so I may skip today. The hotel I have reservations at in Oregon claims to have a fitness room. I will have to call and see what that consists of. Another thing to do tomorrow.

I am looking forward to the trip though. I find airplanes to be rather relaxing assuming I don't get seated next to the guy who spent the layover in the bar and who now resembles Keith Richards. I always read magazines and listen to music on the trip. I also take along my current "can't put it down" book and read that. It's nice not to have anything to do for a few hours except sit there. I think God made airplanes possible so we'd all learn to slow down a bit, which is ironic considering they were originally meant to get us places faster.

Ok, so that concludes my 4:30 a.m. ramblings. I should probably go and sleep now. I'm sure that would be helpful in completing tomorrow's to-do list. Being awake is a prerequisite for driving, although you wouldn't know that around Houston. I'm convinced everyone here is asleep at the wheel.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Nah, they're just on the phone. Everyone.

Have a safe trip and I know you'll have tons of fun!

Dauphyfan said...

I love that you found a GFU diploma pic. That was cool. Wow, it is surreal that you will be on Oregon time tomorrow. It will be a busy day for sure so get lots of sleep tonight. No 4:30am bedtime...though you could snooze on the plane if you want. I can never do that cuz I get too excited about the traveling part of a trip. Alrighty, see you tomorrow!

Shelby said...

Oh I'm soooooo excited for you!!!!

Do keep us posted on all your Oregon goings on!! I'm living vicariously through your trip y'know?! What fun!!

Pictures - you must post pictures too!! Most of all, have fun!!

Shelby a/k/a Rebekah