BACKGROUND

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Some People

My poor best friend. She called me today to ask me to do her a favor. She had read my blog below wherein I discussed the homicidal rage I would fly into if anyone asked me to do anything. When she called today, I could hear the trepidation in her voice.

The thing is, there are some people that I am happy to drop everything for and do whatever they need. Britt is among those people. These are the people who have shared my life, who have dropped everything for me, who have made me realize who my real friends are. These are the people I will drive to the hospital in the middle of the night, talk through a crisis at 2:00 a.m., fly out to be there when they're going through surgery. When they call and say "I need you" these are the people I will be there for.

You are lucky if you have a handful of people like this in your life because they too will hold your hand through the tough times. This song says it all: Find Out Who Your Friends Are.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh I love this post - your friend is very lucky to have you as her friend!!

take care and happy day!!

Dauphyfan said...

You rock! Thank you for that...:)