BACKGROUND

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

ABS olutely!

For the first time today, I am going to try a class at my gym called Amp'd Abs. It's a 15-minute class designed to really work your core (ab muscles, torso area). I'm actually looking forward to it.

I've been working out regularly at 24-Hour Fitness since September 2005 and yet, I've never tried the classes. I always felt that I was better going solo, but I really think I'm going to get more into going to the classes. It's a good way to meet fitness-minded people and also to expand my workout regimen from weights/cardio. I'm still going to do weights and cardio, but I'm going to add the Amp'd Abs class and I'm also going to give Pilates a try. I'm excited to be trying something new!

4 comments:

Kate said...

So cool! How was it?

I lurve Pilates. It hurts like heck and everyone in there is grunting and moaning and it hurts for days after, but then you look down and there are long and lean muscles. Plus, there's usually good music.

Good job for getting out there and doing something different!

Sfrajett said...

Sounds great! This is a perfect time of year to shake up your fitness, I think. I just started trying to get better core strength with some new exercises. Good luck and enjoy!

Dauphyfan said...

Pilates sounds very appealing. I've heard it really tones your body.

Shelby said...

sounds like a super plan - let us know what you thought of it.

happy Thursday :)