BACKGROUND

Friday, May 25, 2007

To Do Item #1,094...aw, screw it!


My to-do list is out of control. It's like one of those scientific experiments gone wrong where somehow, it ingests some sort of growth substance and proceeds to take over, crushing the lowly humans in its wake.

Today's task was to turn my to-do list from Godzilla to something more manageable...like those tribal people in movies who capture and cook humans in the big boiling pot. That's not exactly pleasant, but the possibility of escape is still there, which isn't the case with Godzilla. Ok, this metaphor is getting way out of control too. Moving on.

So, today I drove all over the place to wipe out some tasks. I had lunch with friend A, dropped off a gift with friend B and visited with friend B and her adorable daughter, whom I plan to spoil terribly as she grows up. I went to two separate craft stores to collect items for a project I'm starting tomorrow, and then I returned clothes to a store and did some grocery shopping. Yes, my life really is that boring, but nonetheless, I got stuff done and that's what's important.

I've decided that limiting myself to just doing three items a day on the list instead of looking at it as a whole will be tremendously helpful. I get overwhelmed when I see the number of things to do.

Tomorrow, my three tasks will be:

1. Rearrange furniture with Dear Husband.
2. Pay State Bar outrageous amount of money for the privilege of being an attorney in this state.
3. Start work on aforementioned craft project
4. Do household budget.

Ok, that's actually four tasks, but those are doable and are rather important so I need to do them all tomorrow. Next To-Do: Report back on my progress for all those interested.

3 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

It's doable. Breaking it down is the only way to maintain sanity...:)

MikeAndLiz said...

Whew, yeah- lists can overtake your life and cause you not to want to do anything (therefore making a longer list). You sound like you have a great plan of attack ;)

Shelby said...

I'm a listmaker myself. I almost obsess about them.

I'm not sure it's a bad thing - depends on what day it is I guess. Or what my hormone levels are.

:)