BACKGROUND

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Authentic

So continuing on yesterday's theme, these days I really feel the need for authentic relationships. The whole polite, surface thing isn't for me. I prefer honesty, even when it's brutal. I've been thinking about the talk I'm going to have with A tomorrow and what comes to mind is how ridiculous it all is. I thought I left this kind of crap behind in high school: the whole pretend to like someone, then insult/hurt them, then feel bad that you hurt their feelings so you start doing things because you feel obligated to do them, not because you want to. Rinse and repeat.

I just don't have the energy for that sort of thing. I ponder this current situation and other similar situations that have happened to me or my friends and it just makes me think "What the Hell? Seriously, grow up people."

This is why it warms my heart to talk to my best friend, Britt, and my mom. It's like spending hours in the freezing snow and then coming inside to a warm fire, hot chocolate, and great conversation with friends you really love. Yup, that's the stuff that makes the rest of the BS easier to cope with. These days, for some reason, I'm examining the things that really matter to me and making some changes in several areas of life. I just don't want to waste my energy with things that are bottomless pits of dysfunction.

If anyone needs me, I'll be by the fireplace.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

beautiful :)

Dauphyfan said...

Cheers to you! *holds up cup of hot cocoa for a toast*