BACKGROUND

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Early Morning Ramblings

It's 1:51 a.m. here in Houston. The house is quiet, the dogs are sleeping and so is Dear Husband. I am up, enjoying the first bit of silence and solitude I've gotten in what feels like months.

Today was spent running errands, mostly to the pet store to pick up needed items for our little ones and the birds as well. Peanut has outgrown her crate so she got a new one with brand new bedding as well. She's growing up so fast, I just can't believe it. In her old crate, her adorable little face was pressed against the wires and she couldn't really stretch out. Her new crate is much bigger and she can stretch all the way out with room to spare. It's a good crate for her to continue to grow into.

I had lunch with a friend and then came home and did tons of things around the house including laundry, cleaning up after the dogs, making the bed, and answering some e-mail. I finally stopped for a hot bath, which was quite relaxing, but after that I went back to getting things done. Today (2p.m.), I'm getting my hair cut and Dear Husband and I are going on a date. So Sunday will be a true day of rest for me, which is what God intended for us anyway so that works out.

1 comment:

Sfrajett said...

Sounds delightful! And a new puppy is something I look forward to some day soon. Have a great weekend!