BACKGROUND

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Great News!

Dear Husband and I changed our date night from Friday to Saturday. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then to Zuma Fun Center where we played miniature golf and then took a ride in the Go Carts. It was a wonderful evening! We had such fun playing golf and riding the Go Carts. Dear Husband and I rode in separate cars chasing each other around the track. We've both been very busy lately so date night was a good time to reconnect.

The great news that I have to share though is something I found out when we got home tonight. I had a message from the vet on my phone saying that Chip is going to be just fine! It was an incredible relief to hear that, Dear Husband and I have been so worried as have my parents. The doctor did say that one of the lesions removed was cancerous, but they got it all when they removed it so Chip will heal just fine. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and good thoughts. We appreciate it.

I have to put a plug in here for our vet. We recently switched vets and are now at Companion Animal Hospital. Dr. Nathan Boynton performed Chip's surgery as well as Peanut's spaying. He patiently answered all my questions. It can be hard to find a doctor (for humans or animals) who will give of their time that way and not make you feel like they want to rush you out.

Once again we thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for our little Chip. He's our baby and we will breathe a little easier tonight knowing he's ok.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That's such great news about Chip!

Glad you enjoyed your date night. I think those are so important.

Dauphyfan said...

Glad little Chipper will be back on his feet in no time!