BACKGROUND

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Scene It!

With Dear Husband out of town from Saturday until today, my dad came down to hang out with me. We had a WONDERFUL time together! We went out to eat, watched movies, and had some great talks.

This weekend we saw:

1. Little Miss Sunshine. I'd already seen this and LOVED it. I knew my dad would too. And he did. We could relate since our family is just as dysfunctional.

2. The Wedding Singer. This is one of my favorite movies. My dad hadn't seen it and he enjoyed it.

3. Knocked Up. We saw this in the theatre and we both loved it. It was a cute, fun movie. If you're looking to just relax and have a good time, go see this. It's the story of Alison, a successful young woman, who meets Ben, an unemployed stoner, in a bar one night. They have a one-night stand, which produces a pregnancy. Alison and Ben decide to try and make a relationship work for the sake of the baby.

4. Prime. This is the story of Rafi a recently divorced 37-year-old woman who meets David, a 23-year-old man, and reluctantly starts a relationship with him. Rafi gets some assistance with the issues involved from her therapist, Lisa. Unfortunately, it turns out that David is Lisa's son. Thereafter a mess ensues as everyone tries to figure out exactly what to do and how to deal with their various connections.

It's really fun to just sit down, let go of your worries, and watch some great movies. It was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

I saw "Knocked Up" with my nephew and we were crying we laughed so hard. Cute movie.

MikeAndLiz said...

Glad you had a good time with your dad!