BACKGROUND

Friday, July 6, 2007

Out of Sorts

I got a new job this week. I started it yesterday and I like it. It's not at all difficult and will allow me to do that "other thing" I am going to do career wise. I promise to reveal all as soon as my plan is done cooking. In the meantime, just know that those of you who are dying to know are the ones I would tell in person and not through the blog because I care about and love you all.

The new job entails reading magazines and marking articles for possible reprints. The company I'm working for is a reprinting company. They reprint articles for every magazine you can think of and they sell reprints to the subjects of the article. Those huge framed posters of magazine covers and articles you see in the offices of attorneys, doctors, and so on...yeah, my company does those.

So the main question everyone is asking me these days is whether or not I am leaving the legal profession for good. The answer to that right now is no. I am still doing a small number of cases. I enjoy doing a few cases here and there, but I do not enjoy it as a full-time gig. The stress and pressure of a heavy docket is not something I care for. I like helping a few individuals as opposed to racing around, keeping straight the cases of 50+ clients. That is not the sort of job environment I want to have.

In any case, things are coming together for me. The new job pays pretty well, I've got my other career path cooking and I am excited about it. Now, I need to get some other things in my life straight such as my weight. I did such a great job of losing 60 pounds and then I gained a bunch of it back. I take small comfort in the fact that this is not unusual from what I've read on the topic. However, I feel so out of sorts because I'm just not feeling like myself at this weight. I also feel sore and tired more than I should at this point.

SO...I am exploring some options of new ways of eating to solve this problem. There are several things out there, beyond the usual weight loss plans we all have heard about. I'm less interested in diets and more interested in learning to eat nutritionally. To that end, I've decided to make it a daily habit to eat fruits and vegetables, drink at least 96 ounces of water, and cut out sodas. I've done those things before so I know I can do it. I just need to continue it. I feel so much better when I'm eating right the majority of the time. Losing weight is always nice, but the feeling of being healthy was better than any of the other benefits.

It will help me to chronicle my progress on healthy eating and exercise in this blog. I'm not going to turn it into one of those food diary blogs and become obsessive like some people do. Instead, I'll just update my progress every week or so. Stay tuned for the progress of week one!

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

It's funny you are checking out new nutritional plans...I've been considering that Special K diet of eating it twice a for 2 weeks and lose 6 lbs...parallel lives...:)