I have some catching up to do. I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last wrote a blog. Here's a quick rundown of what has happened that has kept me from the world of blogging:
Friday, Aug 17: I caught the cold my nephew had. By Sunday, it had turned into a mild flu complete with body aches, exhaustion and all those other fun symptoms that accompany the flu. I felt like death warmed over.
- Monday, Aug. 20: Drove to Castroville, just outside of San Antonio. It was four very long hours for me as I was really feeling the effects of the flu at that point. I had promised my dad I would bring nephew to see him.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21: Spent all day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Lots of walking around in the heat. Not good for someone with the flu.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22: Dinner with relatives in San Antonio.
- Thursday, Aug. 23: Drove four hours home arriving at 1:30 p.m. Had job interview at 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 24: Spent all day at Six Flags Splashtown in Houston with nephew. Again, not good for someone with the flu.
- Saturday, Aug. 25: Got up at the crack of dawn and drove 3 hours to Victoria for my first M.A. class. Got home around 5:00 p.m. and drove nephew to airport for his 6:06 p.m. flight. We MISSED the flight. ARGH:( We got stuck in a traffic jam, which is unusual for a Saturday. Called tons of airlines to see if I could get him on another flight out. No dice. Paid $50 to change his ticket to the next morning.
- Sunday, Aug. 26: Dear Husband took nephew to airport at 7 a.m. for his 8 a.m. flight. He got on the flight and made it home safely.
In-between all of this, I had not been sleeping well AT ALL because I was sick and couldn't breathe, plus I had the whole too hot/too cold thing going all night. Thankfully, I've gotten some good sleep the last couple of nights...and mornings. I'm still feeling tired, but getting better. Now, I've got to go make that grocery list.