BACKGROUND

Friday, August 10, 2007

Getting Friendly

Today was a day spent with friends. I slept in again, which I could get used to really fast. I then had lunch with K, a friend I made from the job I quit. K very sweetly told me how upset she was when she found out I was gone and how she misses me. It was nice to hear that.

After that, I stopped by the home of my friend, A. She is married to Dear Husband's best friend. A is awesome, she always has good advice and is one of the calmest people I know. It helps to have someone like that in your life. I followed up that visit with a visit to my friend Brandy from a job I had awhile back. I hadn't seen her for quite awhile, but we text message and e-mail to keep in touch. It was nice to see her and chat in person. She is the friend who knows EXACTLY what I've been through with certain job situations and she's just so upbeat. I love her for that and many other things.

And then, there is my best friend Britt. She sent me a link today to an article about dealing with workplace difficulties. It was a good article. The funny thing is that my dad and K sent me the same article too. It's so awesome to know that people care and want to help me in any way they can.

I feel SO good today. It's a continuation of the wonderful feeling I had yesterday. I am surrounded by amazing friends who are really family to me. All of life's storms can be weathered when you are surrounded by friends who really, truly love you. I am lucky and what's even better is that I know it.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

I see the frog is boiling...does that mean you finally approve of the frog blender from joecartoon? j/k...:) Glad you are feeling good. Hugs!

Shelby said...

glad to hear you are doing well :)