BACKGROUND

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chaos

My life is totally out of control. I realized that this last week when I was scrambling to finish a school project, trying to get things done at work, and thinking about all I had to do at home, but never actually getting anything done at home. I decided on Saturday, after my class, that it's imperative for me to get a good plan.

To that end, this weekend became the planning/getting things started weekend. I went through a lot of the general stuff that has been sitting in my office for quite sometime. I cleaned out a lot of paperwork I don't need as well as items that are not necessary for me to keep. I folded the laundry that had been sitting around for two weeks. I started a donation box and put several things inside it that don't need to be cluttering up my life. I went grocery shopping and bought a lot of healthy food to eat this week. AND...I am going back to the gym tomorrow for the first time in two months. I did not intend to take two months off, but I was terribly ill throughout August and I started the new job and school in September. But now, I am ready to get things back under control including my weight and eating habits.

For the past two months, I've felt like there is so much to do that I can't even remember all of it. I have a long list, but almost none of it gets done on any given day and I keep thinking of things to add. No more of that. I am picking two items to complete each day and revolving my schedule around getting those items completed. That way, no matter what, I will know that I am making progress.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so sorry your life is so chaotic. Thinking good thoughts for you!

Dauphyfan said...

I completely know where you are coming from. It is such a crazy ride that you are on right now with trying to juggle school, working full-time, and having a life. It feel like a circus. You are right to get things under control bit by bit, that's all you can do...hugs from afar!

MikeAndLiz said...

sorry life is so busy right now, but it sounds like you have a great plan....

Shelby said...

COMPLETELY know what you mean. Been there done that.. Am there now actually.. you've inspired me - I gotta get it together and just do life better - every day.

THANKS!!