BACKGROUND

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Working Girl

I started a new job a week ago and I LOVE IT!! I'm working as an executive assistant to the president/owner of a local company. My boss is fantastic and I have wonderful co-workers. Everyone is so helpful and just plain fun to be around. After the awful jobs I've had, this one is a winner. The owners of the company are appreciative of my work AND they express it. I cannot tell you how nice it is to receive that kind of treatment in the workplace. Who knew it could be so great in the working world?

In other news, I'm enjoying my psychology studies. It's interesting being back in graduate school in such a different environment than law school. It's not an easy course of study by any means, but I am not finding it as challenging as law school and I mean that in a good way. Law school is like living on a different planet entirely. It cannot be fully understood unless one has experienced it so let me just say that I am happy to be back on planet Earth.

I mentioned sometime back that I needed to get back on the wagon in regards to exercise and nutrition. I am going back to the gym tomorrow for the first time in several weeks. I've been terribly ill in both August and September so I've spent the majority of those two months recovering. I feel much better now so tomorrow I'm back in the gym. I'll start with 45 minutes split between the treadmill and elliptical. As for nutrition, I'm eating a lot of vegetables these days and drinking more water. That's a good start. I've eliminated sodas and am sticking with water, unsweetened tea, and skim milk. I look forward to losing the weight and being fit again.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Yay for you!! I'm looking for a job too.. yuky (on the looking).

Dauphyfan said...

Glad you are happy with the new job. It sounds like you made the right choice after all. Lovin those early mornins yet? Got your page this am and was up to actually get it...sad, eh?