BACKGROUND

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chaos Lessened

It's been a good weekend. Well, at least it turned out that way in the end. I was stressed out on Friday because I had a test on Saturday in class. I got up early on Saturday and drove the 2.5 hours to Victoria, where I have my class every weekend. I had an extra passenger with me this time though. Peanut accompanied me on the trip. It's a lonely drive and a lonely stay in the hotel sometimes and I can't bring Dear Husband usually because he works a lot of the weekends. So it was a girls' trip with Peanut and me:)

I generally drive to Victoria early in the morning, take my class, then drive back the same day. Occasionally, I have driven over on Friday night and stayed until Saturday. This time, I decided to stay overnight on Saturday so I could relax and get some studying done. Unfortunately, when Peanut and I got to the Motel 6, where I usually stay, the only rooms they had available were smoking rooms. I do not, nor have I ever, smoked. But, I figured I could live with it. That was my first mistake. The room stank. REALLY stank. I didn't have time to deal with it right then though because I had to be in class in 15 minutes. So, I put Peanut in the bathroom with her food and water, and her little bed, and off I went.

I returned around 1 p.m. and Peanut and I took a nap for 2.5 hours. It was SO nice to lay down and sleep despite the stench. After that, Peanut went back into the bathroom and I went to have dinner and do a little shopping. Upon returning to the room, I got ready for bed and I had to remake it because, for some reason, the fitted sheet had come off. I turned down the fitted sheet and there was a dead bug. That was the last straw. Oh, and did I mention there was no phone in the room? Yeah, so I called the front desk from my cell phone because at this point, I already had my nightgown on. Peanut and I moved to a non-smoking, clean room with a phone. Ahhh...bliss. We slept all night and woke up refreshed in the morning. We got on the road about 8:30 a.m. and were home by 11:30.

I took a nice hot shower and laid down for a nap, which lasted almost three hours. Now, I'm relaxing and doing little things I've been wanting to get done. It's nice not to feel so chaotic now.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

Glad you and Peanut had some quality time. I bet she had a ball!

Shelby said...

great adventures with Peanut!