Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chaos Lessened

It's been a good weekend. Well, at least it turned out that way in the end. I was stressed out on Friday because I had a test on Saturday in class. I got up early on Saturday and drove the 2.5 hours to Victoria, where I have my class every weekend. I had an extra passenger with me this time though. Peanut accompanied me on the trip. It's a lonely drive and a lonely stay in the hotel sometimes and I can't bring Dear Husband usually because he works a lot of the weekends. So it was a girls' trip with Peanut and me:)

I generally drive to Victoria early in the morning, take my class, then drive back the same day. Occasionally, I have driven over on Friday night and stayed until Saturday. This time, I decided to stay overnight on Saturday so I could relax and get some studying done. Unfortunately, when Peanut and I got to the Motel 6, where I usually stay, the only rooms they had available were smoking rooms. I do not, nor have I ever, smoked. But, I figured I could live with it. That was my first mistake. The room stank. REALLY stank. I didn't have time to deal with it right then though because I had to be in class in 15 minutes. So, I put Peanut in the bathroom with her food and water, and her little bed, and off I went.

I returned around 1 p.m. and Peanut and I took a nap for 2.5 hours. It was SO nice to lay down and sleep despite the stench. After that, Peanut went back into the bathroom and I went to have dinner and do a little shopping. Upon returning to the room, I got ready for bed and I had to remake it because, for some reason, the fitted sheet had come off. I turned down the fitted sheet and there was a dead bug. That was the last straw. Oh, and did I mention there was no phone in the room? Yeah, so I called the front desk from my cell phone because at this point, I already had my nightgown on. Peanut and I moved to a non-smoking, clean room with a phone. Ahhh...bliss. We slept all night and woke up refreshed in the morning. We got on the road about 8:30 a.m. and were home by 11:30.

I took a nice hot shower and laid down for a nap, which lasted almost three hours. Now, I'm relaxing and doing little things I've been wanting to get done. It's nice not to feel so chaotic now.


Dauphyfan said...

Glad you and Peanut had some quality time. I bet she had a ball!

Shelby said...

great adventures with Peanut!