BACKGROUND

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Laugh and Take Notes

(Sorry about the profanity in the graphic...but then again, who hasn't thought these very same words?)

Something happened at work yesterday that really made me mad. I was still bitter this morning. And then...I thought about it and I started to laugh about it. And I realized that what happened is so absurd that it's funny. It feels good to be old enough to have perspective on such things.

Every weird thing that happens at my current job or that has happened to me at previous workplaces is just more fodder for the book I will eventually write detailing how to survive a variety of weird, abusive, and downright crazy workplaces. Until then, I laugh and take notes.

I am at a point in my life where it's hard for me to get angry and easy for me to let it go when I do. I am grateful that with age has come a solid middle emotional ground. Now, I know that everything truly does pass and that very little, if any, of it is worth getting upset about. And if it is worth getting upset about, it doesn't stay that way because there is a great perspective on life once you've seen enough pictures to build your own frame. In other words, you have a frame of reference that helps you to remember that the situation isn't forever and there is much to be learned from it.

I am actually enjoying the process of learning and growing as a person through the difficult experiences and the enjoyable ones. This is not to say my job is terrible and I am upset with it. It is not terrible and I am not upset with it. I enjoy my co-workers and I enjoy the challenge of dealing with my boss, who has a good heart, but a skewed sense of priorities. It's all about learning patience, reliance on God, and knowing with absolute certainty that in the end, it's all to the good.

1 comment:

Dauphyfan said...

Well said chica...what a nutty week we've both had. Call me this weekend and we'll dish. Love ya!