BACKGROUND

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lots of treats and no tricks...yet.

Happy Halloween! It's only about 7 p.m. here and already I'm almost out of candy. I had a bit of a novel idea this year. I decided to save up all the toys that come in the cereal boxes (mostly Corn Pops, which I like a lot) and give them out this Halloween. Well, apparently my house became known as the "toy house" among the trick-or-treaters and we had a surge of people. I had to call Dear Husband and ask him to pick up a couple of extra bags of candy on his way home. I would also like to note here that Dear Husband made fun of me for wanting to give out the toys along with the candy for Halloween. HA! Joke's on him.

Switching gears a bit, I couldn't let Peanut's first Halloween go by without getting her a costume. This year, she is Princess Peanut. She was a very good sport and seemed to like her costume, although I know she was thinking "What's the big deal? I'm a princess every day."

Switching gears once again, I just turned on the TV to see what scary movies were playing tonight and Poltergeist was on. I remember watching that as a kid and being scared to death. It's not so scary now, but it freaked me out when I was younger. I was always fascinated with the fact that two of the young actors involved in the films died at fairly early ages. One was murdered by her boyfriend and the other died from a bowel obstruction issue. More on that can be found here.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments: