BACKGROUND

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Peanut and Grandpa

Peanut and I had a great weekend at my dad's house. Dad retired a few years ago and lives just outside San Antonio on about two acres of land. It was Peanut's first trip to Grandpa's house and she had a wonderful time! My dad loves her and she loves him too. He took her for walks on his property where she got to growl and hiss at the neighbor cats and dogs. She also enjoyed hanging out on the love seat in his living room, which has this really comfortable fabric. She made that her official spot and hung out there most of the time we were there.

My dad and I went to Bill Miller's BBQ, which is my absolute favorite BBQ place in Texas. Unfortunately, there are no Bill Miller's in Houston. They are only in San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Austin. All of those places are much too far a drive to make for lunch or dinner so I only get to go to Bill Miller's when I visit my dad. We went twice, once on Saturday and once on Monday. We also stopped by the home of some family for a home-cooked meal. It was really good. My dad and I went to a comedy club that had some fantastic comics. I laughed so hard, it was really fun. It's nice to have a good laugh once in awhile.

Hope all you dear readers had a great weekend as well!

No comments: