BACKGROUND

Monday, December 24, 2007

Live from Oregon

Dear Husband and I left for my hometown in Oregon on Friday morning. It was an early flight out of Houston and a rather exhausting trip, but it's been so much fun. We had dinner on Friday night at Chan's Chinese (my very favorite Chinese Restaurant) with my mom, cousin, and my nephew. I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time. I really needed that.

Saturday, I drove Dear Husband around town to see some of the places that were important to me when I was growing up. He had never been to my hometown before so he was seeing these places for the first time. It was nice to share that part of my life with him.

My mom and I had a great breakfast and did some shopping then returned to her house for a fantastic spaghetti dinner. No one makes spaghetti like my mom. Home cooked meals really hit the spot especially when you haven't had one in SO long.

Today, we slept in and then I took Dear Husband to Wild River Pizza for lunch. It's my favorite pizza place here and it is very, very good. It's been around since I was very young and is just the absolute best pizza on the planet, bar none. After lunch, I headed out to do some last-minute Christmas shopping. I think I am done now. If I've forgotten someone, they will just have to get over it.

Happy Holidays Dear Blog Readers. May Santa bring you all you wish for and if you get a lump of coal, may it turn into a diamond.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you're enjoying your trip! Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe trip back home.

CS said...

Let's see - good Chinese food, good breakfast, good pizza - not too shabby a way to spend your holidays!