BACKGROUND

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mildly Cold

This weekend has been cold in more ways than one. The temperature has finally dropped here in Houston, which is nice. Wearing shorts at the Christmas tree lot is just not right. Besides the temperature, a cold also settled into my lungs. This was a problem because I can't take any medications at this time due to an issue with my liver being able to process them. My doctor said my liver was "irritated" and that I needed to refrain from making it work harder than it has to. This was weird to me since I do not drink, take steroids, or do anything else that would bother my liver, but there you have it.

So, I had to tough it out with no medications, using instead a lot of Vick's VapoRub and Halls drops. I also found a great deal of relief with the SudaCare Advanced Vapor-Plug. You plug it into an electrical socket and it fills the room with menthol. it helped me to sleep. I have to say that I have so much respect for our ancestors who toughed it out through colds, flus, and worse ailments without even Vick's VapoRub. Those people are my heroes because it isn't easy.

In any case, I feel better today, which is good because I start my new job tomorrow as an International Adoption Caseworker. I am excited and looking forward to it. Hours are great, virtually no commute, and the people seem great. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

Sorry you are feeling under the weather in such icky weather. Though I do wish you well on your first day of work! I am so excited for you, I think you are really gonna find this position a rewarding one...:)

CS said...

Good luck to you on the new job!
Hope the bug you haven't doesn't get on the way of enjoying it.