BACKGROUND

Friday, January 18, 2008

Spring has Sprung...a little early.

I've been off work most of this week thanks to the medical issues I experienced on Monday. I'm having a hard time resting as I explained in my previous post. There is so much to do at home that I just want to do it. I have been trying to take it relatively easy though with frequent breaks, naps, and hot tea with honey, all three of which are cures for almost anything.

Yesterday, I decided that I am in full Spring cleaning mode, which is odd since it's still technically winter what with it being January and all. Nonetheless, I've been hit by the bug, so yesterday I started with the master bathroom and cleaned a few things off the counter. I made peace with the fact that I was never going to use certain products and such so I put them in the donation bin that I will take to Goodwill next week. I also sorted through some books and made good progress on what to get rid of. I've been swapping books through PaperBackSwap for awhile now so I usually post my books there and that takes care of them.

Today I have two tasks to accomplish. I will be sorting through my paperwork in my "home office," which is actually our dining room table since this is where I do most of my work. I have a 3-drawer bin, which I place paperwork in that either needs to be read, acted upon, or filed. All three drawers desperately need to be cleaned out since I've not read, acted upon, or filed any of it in quite sometime. I take some comfort in the fact that it is at least contained in those drawers.

The second big task is getting the Christmas decorations sorted. I bought Sterilite ornament organizers so that I can actually have some organization to the big Rubbermaid bin, where all my Christmas stuff is currently just tossed about.

Right then...off to get some hot tea with honey and start sorting!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

mmmmmmmm hot tea with honey sounds wonderful :)

Jaime said...

First, I'm a ninny, I thought I'd checked out your blog! I love it, especially your layout.

That paperbackswap is something I'm going to look into. I have too many books and spend too much money trying to find new ones to read.

Those sterlite containers look wonderful. I have the boxes I use over and over with my ornaments but they are all really old (from my husbands grandfather) so I just try to keep them all together. So far it's worked!