BACKGROUND

Monday, January 14, 2008

Where everybody knows your name

It's a sad thing when the ER doc knows you by name. It's only two weeks into the new year and this was the second time I had to go to the ER. The first time was Thursday for my friend, who had an upper respiratory issue. Tonight, it was my turn.

Since Saturday, I've been feeling some pressure in my chest, specifically around my heart. It was still there today and by 5 p.m. I realized I should really go see the doctor. Thankfully, we have a free-standing ER about 2 miles from our house so I went there. I spent about 2.5 hours there having an EKG, breathing tests, blood work, and chest x-rays. Despite all this, I wasn't worried. I don't know why, I just wasn't. I figured that no matter what, it would be fine.

All the tests did indeed come back with no problems. The doctor said he thought it was inflammation, but referred me to a cardiologist to have a stress test done to completely rule out cardiovascular issues, but he said he really doesn't believe there's a problem. I was prescribed some Prednisone and told to take it easy for the next three days and then follow-up with my doctor and the cardiologist. Take it easy? I can do that. In fact, I'm going to start right now by going to bed. Good Night all!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Glad that you're getting some rest and will see the doc just to be sure it's nothing more serious. I'm sure it's not.