BACKGROUND

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Working Girl

Today was my first day back to work since leaving for the holidays on December 21st. I had only worked four days prior to that as this is a new job and I started it right before the holidays. It was rough getting back in the swing of things. I'd gotten used to having several days in a row where I could sleep in and leisurely accomplish the things I wanted to accomplish. The plus side is that I did get a lot done and I feel a lot less stressed about my to-do list.

One of the projects remaining on the list is completing a scrapbook I've been trying to work on forever. I love scrapbooking, it's creative and very calming. I worked on some pages last night and realized that I needed some more pages and stickers. After work today, I went to a local scrapbook store and browsed for about an hour. I got a few new pages and some stickers. I only spent $18, which surprised me considering how much I bought.

I'm excited to work on it this weekend. I want to get it done before I start school on January 14th. I am taking two classes and I am thrilled that both are online. I'll have my weekends back this term. That old saying "you don't know what you have until you've lost it" is so very true and definitely applies to the loss of Saturdays.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I went back to work this week to after being off for Christmas. It was hard getting back in the swing. Life goes on tho. smiles!

Dauphyfan said...

K, I love the new background of sparkly frogs...:)