BACKGROUND

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Giant Bowl, no, no wait...it's a Super Bowl.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. I must confess that I am one of the few people in this world for whom this day means nothing. I am not a football fan and until recently, I didn't even know who was playing in the Super Bowl. Thankfully, I am married to a man who is equally uninterested in football. The only sports I care about are gymnastics and figure skating and those are not often shown on TV. Meanwhile, golf has its own channel. Where's the justice?

Anyway, I am spending this weekend in Castroville (just outside San Antonio) with Dear Husband and my dad, who has retired here. We drove up yesterday afternoon and will be leaving today. Usually, we come up Friday night and stay until Sunday, but Dear Husband worked late on Friday so we came up on Saturday. Last night, we went to see Agatha Christie's Appointment with Death at a local dinner theatre that we have been to several times. I LOVE mysteries, a trait I picked up from both my parents who also love them. It was a great play.

After the play, we returned to my dad's house where we had cake and ice cream, an early celebration of my birthday, which is tomorrow. It was a great weekend, although MUCH too short. We're heading home late this afternoon after we have some Bill Miller's BBQ and hang out with my dad's cousins who live right down the road.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone. Hope your favorite team scores a run or a goal or whatever.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I could care less about professional football, but I am all about the food. It's the one day of the year when I don't make healthy choices. I had two pieces of pizza, some guacamole and then queso and chips, 2 glasses of soda and about 6 desserts. I'm going swimming tomorrow.

I love Agatha Christie and I've seen that play--my sister-in-law was doing it in Austin a few years ago. She was so good and it was such a great story! PBS shows fairly recent Agatha Christie's sometimes on Mystery! on Sunday night.

Happy early birthday!!

Dauphyfan said...

You are so right! We had the right kind of food and mood for the big game, but not much desire to watch. I caught a few minutes here and there, but couldn't tell ya much about what I did see. The only real thing I enjoy about Super Bowl Sunday is the munchies, big time commercials, and the halftime show (remember the infamous wardrobe malfunction?). Anyhow, I spent most of the day doing laundry, napping, or surfing the net. Kinda too bad for the Patriots to go out like that though, eh? Happy Birthday Shellers!

citizen of the world said...

There are always nachos and beer to distract you if you are stuck in a house witht he Superbowl on. I'm no longer in that situation, so I didn't hear until today who won. Not that I care today either.

citizen of the world said...

P.S. - I've moved blog homes, so I may not look familiar but I am.