BACKGROUND

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Seaing is believing

I had a great birthday week! Dear Husband brought flowers to my office on my birthday and lunch from Quizno's. He bought the flowers from the same florist who did our wedding flowers. I thought that was a nice touch. You can see the flowers in the picture at right. That night, we headed out to Bennigan's for dinner. It was a wonderful, low-key evening, which is exactly what I needed.

On Thursday, my friend Angel took me to dinner and a movie to celebrate my birthday. We went to Denny's and then over to the theater to see Juno. It was excellent and I highly recommend it to everyone! I love the main character. She voices all the thoughts I frequently have in my head. I love it when a character in a movie or book seems to be speaking my "language."

In other news, I am getting ready to leave on the family cruise in one week! I can't believe it's almost here. We will be sailing to Jamaica, the Grand Caymans, and Cozumel. I've been to Jamaica and Cozumel before, but never to the Grand Caymans. I've also never been on a cruise so it will be fun I am sure. I am going with Dear Husband, his mom and dad, and his sisters and their spouses and kids. I have to go shopping to buy a couple of formal evening gowns for the two formal nights of the cruise. I'm not at all a formal person so that should be interesting. If it involves pantyhose, I don't want to be a part of it. Maybe that's why I've never robbed a convenience store. I don't like to wear pantyhose on my legs or my head.

Anyway...tomorrow will be all about cruising in several ways. I am driving a friend and her mom down to the ship in Galveston so they can depart on their cruise this week. I will then head over the the travel agency to check on the cruise my best friend and I will be taking in June. I meant to do that last week, but time got away from me. This working thing is such a time suck.

After that, I'm coming home and completing several school assignments so I won't have to worry about them when I am on the cruise. I'm such the scholar. Yeah...so anyway, all in all it's been a good week and I'm looking forward to sailing the high seas if for no other reason than that I will have a chance to read all the magazines (poolside of course) that I need to catch up on. I'm at least six or seven months behind so I hope to catch up.

3 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

How relaxing it all will be. Take lotsa good pictures...find a great one for your myspace profile...:) Hope you have a fantastic time! Can't wait til we go in June, til then I'll be turning green with envy.

FYI, I love the pantyhose comment...so true!

Kate said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday! It sounds like you'll have fun on that cruise--pantyhose or no. You made me laugh. Yeah, because THAT'S the only reason you haven't held up a convenience store. Awesome!

citizen of the world said...

I'm eagerly awaiting Juno's release on DVD so I can get it from Netflix.

Happy Birthday and have a fabulous cruise.