BACKGROUND

Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Ache and the Ick

Last night the ick crept up on me in the form of a terribly sore throat. Today, the ache joined the ick in the form of painful muscles and joints. Thankfully, the pain isn't too terrible and it doesn't appear to be a full-blown flu. I'm hoping it won't turn into one.

I have tomorrow off work for Good Friday and I plan to rest, read some of my latest book, and rest some more. I might also go to Half Price Books for an hour or so if I feel up to it. I need some new books on tape. I like to listen to them on my way to work. It's not a long commute, it takes about 20-25 minutes, but it's so much nicer in the morning to "read" a book than to listen to screeching radio commercials and loud music. Yes, I'm old. I need some quiet in the morning.

My dad is coming in tomorrow from San Antonio to visit for the weekend. It will be a quiet weekend, but fun with Dad. We'll grab some dinner and maybe watch a movie at home. Hopefully, the ache and the ick will figure out they're not welcome and leave.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm sorry you feel crummy! I'm with you on the sore throat. It's been salt water gargles (and up my nose, sorry TMI), drinking lots, Entertainer's Secret, an herbal throat spray, Throat Coat tea and all that around here.

Does your library have audio books on CD? H-town has them and you can request them to be delivered to your local library. If you're not in the system, I'll bet they do inter-library loan. I listen to them on long trips. I especially like young adult books because they're shorter.

citizen of the world said...

Hmm - hope it wasn't that frenzy of organizing and spring cleaning. Did your Dad's pending visit help prompt that? AT any rate, get well!

Jaime said...

I'm sorry you are experiencing the crud =( I hope you get to enjoy time with your Dad. ;)