BACKGROUND

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Getting Orged!

I am feeling really good about my spring cleaning efforts. I did a lot of work on Monday starting with my home office desk, which is actually our dining room table. We don't use it for eating all that much so I use it as my office/study area. I went through my paperwork, got rid of a lot of it, organized the rest into the "to do" bin, and did a general clean of the table. I had been using some organizing tools that just weren't working for me so I got rid of those and streamlined my office tools (pens, pencils, etc.). It looks a lot better and is much more functional. I would love my home office to look like the picture above. But hey, I'm working with what I've got.

I then moved on to the kitchen pantry, where I got rid of A LOT of stuff. It's amazing how much expired food was in there. Getting rid of that made room for the things we will use and now, everything can be easily accessed. It's so nice to open the pantry and see items that I know are edible. I also organized our pet supplies. In addition to our three doggy kids, we have two birds. I got their food and cage items organized in a plastic bin and placed it in the pantry. It's neat and orderly and I can easily change their cage lining and get their food with no problem.

There was no organizing or cleaning today since I had to work. I was also sidelined by my having to go see the doctor and get medication for not one, but two infections. I'm on the mend now that I have my drugs though. I'm really excited about "getting orged" (which sounds kinda dirty, but isn't. Get your mind out of the gutter). I'm off tomorrow so I will be completing more projects. I can't wait to draw a line through more items on the to-do list.

5 comments:

citizen of the world said...

I first read this as "Getting Ogred"! Every line through something n the list is a victory. But yeah. I want that home office, too (She says as she sits at teh dining room table with her laptop).

littlesunshine said...

Spring cleaning is very therapuetic! I love your office. I wish I had a space like that!

Jaime said...

You are so much more on the ball than me! I need to get started already.

Tag, you're it! ;) If you'd like to I've tagged you for a me-me, check out my blog for the details.

Kate said...

Haha, that totally sounds dirty! Good for you for doing it--I'm about to get back to mine. It's tiny and any clutter overwhelms it.

I hope you feel better very soon! Glad you got drugs. I've been spraying my throat since it's dry and scratchy. Just my luck before I have a singing marathon.

john smith said...

Unique Builders & Development is a full service remodeling company offering kitchen and home flooring products. gutter cleaning in Houston