BACKGROUND

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I've been booked!

Some women will spend tons of money on shoes, others will spend it on clothes. Me? I'm all about the books. I can spend forever in a bookstore. I would be absolutely destitute if I spent all I wanted to in a bookstore. As it is now, I shop at Half Price Books (HPB) and before I go to the checkout, I sort through all my "wants" and decide what I really need. Dear Husband and I went to HPB tonight after having dinner at Black Eyed Pea. It was date night for us. Anyway, we spent about $40 at HPB and we got a lot for that. I picked up several books on tape and a book on dealing with sleep issues.

Speaking of sleep, I actually got some last night! I literally had not slept more than two hours a night in this last week so I can't tell you what getting some real sleep did for me. Yesterday at lunch time, I went and laid down in the back seat of my car and slept for an hour. I couldn't believe how refreshing that was. My car is a compact and sleeping in it is not the most comfortable thing in the world, but apparently I needed the sleep so badly that my body didn't care what kind of contorted position it had to be in. Last night, I took a hot bubble bath and started a new book, Between Friends, by Debbie Macomber. I then took a Melatonin tablet and went to bed. Oh precious sleep, how I love you so!

I am excited because tomorrow, I am starting a whole new regimen for myself. I have an eating plan mapped out and am hitting the gym first thing in the morning. I haven't been forever and I am really looking forward to a good workout. I need to get out of my food/tired/sick/rinse and repeat rut that I've been in. Sometimes you just know that you need a major change in your health (or lack of) routine. I can't believe how excited I am about this. Writing down my eating plan and exercise plan is a big part of it because I am a visual person and I need to see things to make them real so to speak. I've been talking about it lately, but now it's time for action. I'll report back tomorrow night.

2 comments:

citizen of the world said...

Sleep is so necessary, when I'm having a run of insomnia I feel only partially alive. Good luck on the lifestyle changes.

Tori said...

Hope it went/goes well. I am trying to get to the gym before work instead of after as I have been doing the last couple of weeks BUT I have a heart time convincing myself that the early morning is for anything other than being under my blankets!