BACKGROUND

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Overstaying Their Unwelcome

So the ache and the ick decided to stay awhile. They are such bad house guests what with the keeping me up all night. Last night, I was up every hour. The coughing and tickle in my throat just would not go away. Fortunately, I got a nice nap this afternoon so that helped a bit.

I've been having a great time with my dad. We hung out last night, had pizza, and talked. Today, Dear Husband and dad went to the gun range. Neither of them are gun fanatics, but they enjoy shooting now and again. That was ok with me since I had the house to myself for the aforementioned nap. After they came home, we got ready to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to meet Dear Husband's sister and her husband plus one of their three kiddos. The other two were with friends and other family.

We all had a wonderful time at BWW. Ate a lot, talked a lot, laughed a lot. I was still feeling under the weather, but eating a good meal helped and I think being with family having such fun helped as well. Now, I am just sitting here eating Girl Scout Cookies (Thin Mints...yum) and drinking hot tea. I am hoping to evict the ache and the ick. I'll let you know if they go peacefully tonight and let me get some sleep.

3 comments:

Dauphyfan said...

I how I feel your pain. If they are cousins of the ick and ache I've been trying to evict, then they may be around for awhile. Hope you win the battle!

citizen of the world said...

I'm not sure they are ever welcome to begin with!

Jaime said...

I want some thin mints! =D

Hope you are feeling better!