BACKGROUND

Monday, March 24, 2008

Sleeping Ugly (cause being sick is never beautiful)

The ache and the ick are still hanging around. I'm thinking of putting in a change of address card for them since it looks like they will be living here for good. I am grateful beyond belief to be off work today so I can get some extra sleep. I've been drinking hot tea with honey and I'm about to go lay down for a nap. My naps when I am sick usually last a good two hours. I just need tons of sleep right now, it's how I heal.

When I get up from my nap, I'm also going to write two letters that I have been meaning to write forever. I love writing letters because I think it's nice to receive a non-computer communication every once in awhile, although I do type the letters so maybe it's a hybrid non-computer communication? Whatever. In any case, I do have to handwrite the address on the envelope and put a stamp on it.

That's about it for now. I'm going to go take a nap.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

The one person I would write letters to died two Christmas's ago. It was my Granny and I still have those letters.

There is something special about the time it takes to sit down and write on pen and paper. I loved doing it.

Jaime said...

Forgot to mention, I only write email now ;)

Mike, Liz and Mark said...

sorry you are still feeling sick!

Kate said...

Being sick for that long just sucks. Sorry!

I drank about a gallon of Throat Soother tea last week. With lots of honey. It used to be called Throat Coat, which is much more pleasing to the ear, but it still works!

I need to write a hand-written letter to my mom's pen-pal in France to thank him for hooking us up when we were in Paris.