BACKGROUND

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

This and That

I am feeling better now. I can breathe and I'm getting more sleep at night, which is a big plus. Theraflu Warming Liquid is some good stuff. Last night, I ended up sleeping in the guest room because my precious Peanut didn't feel good and threw up on my side of the bed. So she and I moved into the guest room where she was comfortable and happy the rest of the night. Today, she's been fine romping outside with her brothers. It's a beautiful day here and the dogs like to play and lie in the back yard when that is the case.

My work schedule was recently changed so I am home today, which is nice. I am SO behind on school work and I need to get it done before Friday night. My new work schedule is going to be full days on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and then I get Monday/Wednesday off. I had been working half-days Monday - Friday. This will be SO much better for me. I will be able to get more done in a number of areas including the house cleaning, which has suffered terribly with both Dear Husband and I working and being on the go all the time.

Speaking of getting things done, I've gotten back to reading, which I enjoy a lot. I am currently reading a trilogy of books by Nora Roberts. She's a best-selling author, but I'd never read her before. Someone gave me one of her books, Blue Dahlia, awhile back. It's been on my bookshelf for at least a year or so. I finally picked it up and read it on the cruise. It was FANTASTIC! I couldn't put it down. The books are the In the Garden trilogy and are titled (in order): Blue Dahlia, Black Rose, and Red Lily. I am now reading Black Rose and it's so good I just want to sit and read all day. I think I'll give myself a chapter or two in-between doing my school work.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hi,

Thanks for the comment, and I wish my husband would notice without me saying "Is there anything you notice about me?"

So, you're a family lawyer? I was a paralegal for about 3 years, but it was med-mal, and insurance defense. Wished I could've worked within the juvenile system.

Anyway, sorry you're sick. Thanks for stopping by. And I'll come by and see you again.

citizen of the world said...

That schedule sounds great. Read, rest and get well!

K in the Mirror said...

Hi! I came over from katiekat world. Nora Roberts is one of my favorites- pretty much anything she writes is good. Try the Ocean books next. There are 4: Rising Tides, Sea Swept, and I can't remember the other two.

She also writes a futuristic cop series as JD Robb. Those are good too. :)