BACKGROUND

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Clearing Out

I've moved out of Funkytown. I was about to apply for permanent residence there, but then decided it just wasn't the right place for me. It's all about location people! So anyway, I've moved on to Relatively Happyville. It's so much better. Much less gray sky and general dull feelings.

Life in the past week or so has been pretty good. I spent the weekend with my dad in San Antonio. We had a blast! It was so much fun just hanging out, eating out, and watching movies. We also took the river boat tour on the San Antonio Riverwalk. We had done that a couple of years back, but it is always fun.

Here at home, I've been continuing on the quest of Spring Cleaning. I'm doing a little bit here and there. I bought a 6-Pocket closet organizer to store my tote bags, small purses, and fanny packs. I love buying various bags from places I visit. I have some from Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, as well as places I've visited in the U.S. I actually do use several of the bags, but they are just piled on a shelf and I want something more organized.

I've also been going through my paperwork and getting rid of things I don't need. That is part of my plan of moving my office area from my dining room table into the room that is currently my scrapbooking room. The space can be shared between my office and scrapbooking. I'm looking forward to having a clear dining room table.

The next project after that is cleaning out the guest room and getting it painted. I want a nice light blue in there. Right now, it's a gross pea green. It will be nice to have it be lighter and brighter in there.

It's a lot to do, but I can't wait to see the end results. Our house will be much more organized and streamlined. It's an ongoing process and is never really done of course, but it's great to get big projects out of the way and enjoy the clean and clear space.

2 comments:

citizen of the world said...

Glad you are feeling better. I think organizing/cleaning has a positive emotional effect. And, I love the roses background.

Jaime said...

I'm so glad you finally got out of funkytown ;)