BACKGROUND

Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's raining babies

So I was once again overtaken by the spring cleaning bug on Friday. I looked around my kitchen and I realized that there was so much junk just sitting around the counters that I wasn't using and would never use. I got rid of a ton of things and the counters are now clean and functional. I love having the things I really need and use there. It makes it so much easier to get things done.

In the past, when I've started organizing and decluttering, I felt like I needed to do it all. I would see everything and just want to get it all done at one time. Now, I realize that doing it in pieces is the only way, otherwise it's just too overwhelming. So in the past month, I've organized the kitchen pantry and the kitchen counters. My next project will be the guest bedroom. It really needs a lot of help.

Besides organizing, I've been busy lately with babies and children. No, not mine, those of my friends. On Tuesday and Thursday nights, I've been helping my friend, A, with her adorable daughter, C. A is pregnant with her second child and needed some help bathing C since it's tough to bend over the tub and such at 32 weeks pregnant. I jumped at the chance to help because I just adore C. She is such a special, precious little child. I can't explain it, but I feel a connection to her as if she were family. In many ways, she is. A is the wife of Dear Husband's best friend, J, and we get along great. Dear Husband has been friends with J since high school so in many ways, I think we are all a family. I joined the group in 2004 when I met Dear Husband and I was welcomed with open arms.

Besides A, I have another pregnant friend, N. N is about 34 weeks along now with her first, a girl. I went to her baby shower about a month ago and then one of our mutual friends planned a surprise shower for N today. Interesting story about how I met N: In one of my law school classes, I sat behind this guy who had a photo on his computer desktop of himself and his fiancee. I didn't know the guy that well, but the photo was amazing. His fiancee was just beautiful. I was planning my own wedding at the time and I got on a wedding planning message board and I saw that same, exact picture in N's signature block on the site. I was like "OMG, I know you!" Of course, I only "knew" her from the picture on her husband's laptop in some random law school class. Anyway, N is a sweetheart and she's going to make a wonderful mother.

It was so much fun surprising her and as a bonus, I got to see L, who recently became a mommy to her first child, who is an adorable little girl. L was a year ahead of me in law school and is such a fun person, it was great to see her.

I came home from the shower to a long nap. I'm still tired so I'm off to bed soon.

3 comments:

Jessatsea said...

awhhh surrounded by babies. :-D and so many cute ones at that... wink wink.

littlesunshine said...

Babies, babies, babies. ;) That's so nice of you to help out. And spring cleaning is so good for the soul isn't it? I love getting rid of useless junk!

citizen of the world said...

I don't actualy enjoy baby showers, but I love little baby stuff.