BACKGROUND

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Those damn ninjas!

So the healthy lifestyle is in full swing. There have been some difficulties, but basically it's going well. I went to the gym at 5:45 a.m. on Tuesday and did 30 minutes of interval training on the treadmill. I ended up with HUGE blisters on the back of my heels. This is no surprise since the same thing happened the last time I started getting into shape. It's ironic that when you start getting healthier, your body freaks out on you. It's almost like it wants to make sure you are really serious about getting healthy so it tests you on your dedication by making you feel like crap the first couple of weeks. I'm sticking with it though - I've done this before so I know it gets better. It's just an uphill climb for the first couple of weeks.

On another note, when I was in Half Price Books this last weekend, I saw something that made me laugh. There was a book on tape called "Make Peace With Anyone: Breakthrough Strategies to Quickly End Any Conflict, Feud, or Estrangement." It was marked "Clearance $3.00." Apparently, no one cares to make peace with anyone even at a price of $3.00.

Another thing that made me laugh: I was talking with my mother and she told me about a homeless guy she had seen over the weekend. The guy held a sign that said "Family killed by ninjas. Need money for martial arts lessons." I told my mother she should have given him a few dollars just for his creativity.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the tip about the ninjas. I mean, what do you do to protect yourself? Locking the doors and windows won't quite cut it.

Good for you for being healthy. I can relate--my body will fight me tooth and torn-off-toe nail. Today it was my heel--a TV cart ran into it and bit it yesterday and even with a blister batch running and walking hurt. But I did it. About 10 minutes of running (to the park) and 2 hours minus ten minutes of walking (at the park--I got a ride home). And before you're impressed... ask me how many Godiva chocolates I had last night. I dare you.

Kate said...

P.S. My heart rate monitor said I burned about 950 calories today. That may have covered the chocolates last night. =)

citizen of the world said...

You;d think we'd all learn to just keep a steady pace of exercisng and not stop and start, but we never do. At least, I never do.

Jaime said...

LOL, The Ninja's story is too good, I'll have to pass that around!

Shelby said...

I'm laughing :)

Your Ninja's story is just too good! It's one to pass around for sure.

A steady pace of exercising just never happens for me, perhaps one day I'll stop starting and stopping and starting again. Well, starting, but not stopping.

Cheers! and happy happy day.