BACKGROUND

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Book Worm

It's been a pretty good day. I got a lot done at work, which was nice. A lot left to do, but isn't that always the case? Also, and this is huge here in Houston, I've found an alternate route to drive home from work that shaves off about 15 minutes from the commute! I live 10 miles from work, but with the traffic in the morning and then again in the evening, it can take anywhere from 20 to 35 minutes to get to work. About a month ago, I found a faster route going to work so I'm thrilled to find a faster route coming home.

So the commute is shorter, but another thing that makes the drive easier is the books on tape I've been listening to lately. All of them are great and had me riveted. The last three I've listened to:

1. A Wedding in December by Anita Shrieve
2. Sanctuary by Nora Roberts
3. Love Her Madly by Mary-Ann Tirone Smith

I'm still listening to Love Her Madly. I'm about halfway through it. Thankfully, I get most of my books, both actual and audio, for "free." I'm on Paperbackswap and recently, J'aime over at Private Universe introduced me to BookMooch.

Both Paperbackswap and BookMooch are trading sites for books of all kinds. I've received several books from both sites and sent out several as well. All you have to do is pay the postage for the books you send out and others do the same. So you get great books for the price of postage, which is WAY less than you can buy them for.

Just today, I got The Memory Keeper's Daughter in paperback from BookMooch. I can't wait to start reading it.

1 comment:

citizen of the world said...

You're making me thankful for my commute, which is about 5 minutes if I'm not dropping kids at school.